The Islands of Tahiti have changed their standard cancellation policies to allow travellers flexibility during the COVID-19 pandemic. In the past, travellers were required to adhere to strict cancellation policies that didn’t take into account the unique conditions of the current pandemic. However, travellers can now rest easy and book with confidence during these uncertain times due to these new cancellation policy changes.
Hotels in the Islands of Tahiti now offer travellers the freedom to either cancel or change their dates free of charge if the following conditions are met:
- There is a lockdown in the traveller’s country of residence.
- There is a lockdown in French Polynesia.
- The traveller is unable to travel to French Polynesia due to the closure of borders in transit stops connecting to French Polynesia.
- The traveller tests positive for COVID-19 prior to departure.
- The traveller tests positive for COVID-19 while in French Polynesia.
You can visit the Tahiti Tourisme website to learn more about all booking conditions and travel arrangements during the pandemic. For prepaid trips, reimbursement will be provided within 12 months from the initial date of booking. Resorts in the Islands of Tahiti will also not increase the rates for travellers that need to rebook due to the above conditions for travel until March 31, 2022.
You can learn more about the safety procedures currently in place in the Islands of Tahiti and take part in an interactive quiz with a $50 prize by joining our webinar with Tahiti Tourisme on Thursday, November 12 at 1PM EST.