If your clients are travelling to Paris for a short amount of time, our standard Paris stopover package is just one example of what we can put together. There is so much to see in this city, a little planning makes all the difference in making sure your clients enjoy their vacation without being rushed, particularly if they’re only in town a short while.
To save time from the get-go, we recommend taking a private transfer upon arrival. Pick up at the airport or train station means your clients are taken directly to their central hotel, rather than wandering around trying to figure out where to go. Goway works with some fantastic central hotels, like the Victor Hugo. Recently renovated, its convenient location means they aren’t wasting time going in and out of town.
Welcome to Paris! If the Louvre is ‘must-do’ for your clients, they can go there on day one. A private tour can help them skip the line for afternoon entry, ensuring they don’t miss anything they want to see. If they haven’t indulged this option, at least encourage them to pre-book tickets to skip the line. For a less energetic alternative (or great addition, if jetlag isn’t a concern) consider having them do a cruise on the Seine, a beautiful way to see the city in the evening. Paris is a magical place, and a dinner cruise relieves the burden of finding a restaurant on their first night in a strange city, while basking in its night-time beauty.
Good Morning Paris! If breakfast is not included in the client’s room rate, they’re certainly in the right city to find a nearby patisserie and enjoy a fresh croissant. Paris is one of the world’s great walking cities, and comfortable shoes (not to mention abundant camera memory) are a must. Still, a handy addition is the hop-on hop-off bus. With multiple routes, the bus helps navigate this large city and takes passengers to many recommended sites including:
- Sacre Coeur, located on the hill looking over the city. This is Montmartre, the ‘Moulin Rouge’ area of the town, and a very diverse neighbourhood.
- Pere Lachaise Cemetery – It may seem like a strange recommendation, but this cemetery is home to the graves of some of the world’s most influential figures. From Edith Piaf to Jim Morrison, Oscar Wilde, and Amelia Earhart, pick up a map and wander the stories of this city, and the creative world.
- Arc de Triomphe – At the top of the famous Champs-Élysées sits the Arc. Take the tunnel underground and climb the stairs to the top. As one looks down the Champs- Élysées, to the left is Sacre Coeur, and to the right is the famous Eiffel Tower.
- Stroll down the Champs-Élysées, grabbing a bite to eat and an ice cream on the way. At the end of the walk, perhaps take a walk through the beautiful Tuileries Gardens leading to the Louvre, or take in one of the fantastic museums on the way.
- The Trocadero offers a stunning view of the Eiffel Tower. Take a picture and then walk to the tower. Clients should be advised to pre-book the elevators, which go right to the top, or just climb to the second level (which some claim is even better view), to avoid the queues. They’ll then enjoy another iconic view of Paris, albeit one without the city’s most famous landmark in it.
- A cruise along the Seine is a good option from here if they haven’t done it already, before heading to Notre Dame. This famous church is set on the beautiful Ile de la Cite in the middle of the river.
Ready for a day trip? Book your clients a small group tour of Versailles, a half day trip outside of Paris. Besides the famous palace and monument, the drive will take them through different parts of Paris as they depart town. Seeing the grand gates alone makes it worth the visit. This afternoon, clients will return to Paris. We recommend leaving this time at leisure, so they can go back to any museums they’ve missed, or do some shopping. The Saint Germain neighbourhood is a great place to visit for dinner and some live music.
Time in the morning for one last croissant and coffee before heading onto the next adventure… or a few more days in Paris, because why not?
Check out Goway’s 4-day Paris City Break package or combine your stay with London for a longer holiday.