As travel professionals, we’ve all been on half or full-day city tours where we catch flashes of daily life, spurts of local activity, and glimpses of history and culture without ever stepping out of the coach. For the Globetrotting group traveller, coach windows have now become barriers rather than portals to our wider world. Well, Goway Groups Only is here to help remove those barriers. Our goal is to get the group out of the coach and, rather than just watch life go by from behind the barriers, get out and experience all that the world has to offer.
Below is a sample of some of our favorite “cures.” With our wide range of destinations, we can mix and match these suggestions in most itineraries for most countries.
1. Another meal, another set menu? Meet the chef at the local market and help buy and prepare your lunch or dinner—or both!
2. Is the local guide droning on about another ruined or crumbling building? Meet the archaeologist or local historian and get a hands-on tour of history.
3. So you think you can dance? Don’t just watch the demonstration; jump on the dance floor and swoon with your partner during a Tango lesson, jive the night away at a Samba School, or waltz along with Strauss in a pristine alpine setting.
4. Ever wonder what’s in the bottle? Stroll through the grape vines with the vintner and learn about wine from grape to glass.
5. Want to give a helping hand? Visit an orphanage, school, or women’s centre, or even volunteer for the day in a local village.
6. Are we there yet? Besides the obligatory toilet and lunch stops, break up the journey with spontaneous stops to soak up the local flavor. Visit a deli, an ice cream shop, a fruit stand, a garden nursery, a village market, an outdoor musical event, or a parade.
7. Tired of “following the brollie” amongst the hordes of tourists? Organize a private “before opening” or “after closing” tour or a behind-the-scenes experience.
8. Want to get off the couch and stay off? Go on a guided walking tour instead and soak up the sights and sounds of the city. Use a combo of local transport for the day, including buses, trains, subways, pedicabs, taxis, rickshaws, or even horses and elephants.
9. Wonder what the locals are eating? Meet the family and join them for a hosted dinner in their home.
10. Tired of all the early wake-up calls? Let your group sleep in and include a room service breakfast one morning.
Goway Groups Only is comprised of experts at customizing unique, innovative, and interactive itineraries for 10-or-more passengers travelling together to our global destinations in the South Pacific, Africa & the Middle East, Asia, Central & South America, and the UK & Europe. Our Group Coordinators are destination specialists that begin from the ground up to develop the best itinerary for your passengers. The more information we have at the itinerary planning stage, including your proposed selling price, special interests of the group, average age, and fitness level, the better equipped we’ll be to create an exciting and unique itinerary developed just for you.
The goal of every group itinerary is to make sure it is sellable in the marketplace. With Goway Groups Only, the “cures” in every itinerary will help ensure your group gets filled every time.