- News / Events
- Sales Tools
- Agent Incentives
- Meet the Team
The Islands of Tahiti, of which 67 are inhabited, offering a wide range of accommodation options to choose from. It can be easy for you and your client to become overwhelmed with choice, so Goway Travel’s team of IslandsEscapes experts (who have experienced the destination first-hand) can help you plan the perfect vacation for your client.
Here are our top 10 tips for booking the perfect Tahitian Vacation:
1. Book Early. Tahiti is a premier destination. Demand outstrips supply and there are no last-minute specials. You clients often need to book 90-180 days in advance to get the best deals.
2. Seasonality. The “low” season (when the hotels and airlines have the biggest discounts) is from 01 November to 31 March; April and May can also be considered “low,” depending on the hotel.
3. Stick to a hotel brand. Resorts often offer multi-island discounts when staying with the same brand (eg: Intercontinental, Sofitel, or Le Meridien). This can result in big savings and a consistent experience.
4. Airline Options. Depending on the number of islands visited, an “Air Pass” may be the best value. If only visiting one island, booking the inter-island and international flight together may be the best deal.
5. Mix Up the Room Type. Offer different room types (Garden/Beach/Overwater Bungalow) on different islands. This is one way to save and highlight what each island or resort is known for.
6. Meals. Pre booking meals offers your client convenience and savings as they are pay in their own currency and avoid destination taxes.
7. Consider less “famous” islands. Some of the lesser known (but equally beautiful) islands: Huahine, Tikehau, Taha’a can offer some incredible value compared to the more popular island of Bora Bora and Moorea.
8. Ask for a budget. This is a once in a lifetime vacation, where the average couple will easily spend $10,000. It’s important to have a starting point and an understanding of the costs.
9. Excursions. There’s a ton of activities (e.g. swim with manta rays, ATV tours) to choose from but not a lot of space. Book in advance to avoid disappointment.
10. Save the best for last. It’s always best to end on a high note, so offer the overwater bungalow “splurge” at the end of the trip.
Get the latest GowayAgent News right to your inbox.