Home / Australia & South Pacific / Australia / Recipe: Gluten-Free Hazelnut C…
Recipe: Gluten-Free Hazelnut Cupcakes from the Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney
We are happy to share a prized recipe from one of our favorite hotels in Sydney, the Radisson Blu Hotel. This is offered as part of the hotels famous High Tea which is available daily from 10am to 4pm.
Enjoy the cupcakes, let us know how yours turnout!
Gluten Free Hazelnut Cup Cakes
- Butter 120 gms (4oz)
- Sugar 200 gms (7oz)
- Whole Eggs 200 gms (7oz)
- Hazelnut meal 500 gms (17oz)
- Vanilla Essence a few drops (careful!)
- Using an egg beater cream the butter until smooth, separate the egg yolks and add to the butter, continue beating till the egg yolks have blended with the butter, and the sugar and continue till the mixture has a smooth texture and the sugar has dissolved.
- Mix in the Hazelnut meal and vanilla essence.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, fold the meringue into the hazelnut mixture gently.
- Line a cup cake mould with paper cups and carefully pour in the mix until the cups are ¾ full.
- Bake at 180 degrees centigrade (350F) in a pre-heated oven for 40 minutes.
- Once baked, insert a wooden pick and it should come out clean.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes. Then remove and allow to cool on a wire rack before garnishing.
- You can cover the tops with a variety of coverings, Chocolate, white fondant or flavored frosting.
- This recipes makes approximately 25 pieces of 40 gms each
- Always pre- heat the oven to the set temperature before any preparation for a baked product, this maintains a proper even temperature.
- Always use a dry cool bowl to mix ingredients.
- All ingredients should be at room temperature.
- The hazelnut meal should be as fine ground as you can find as this replaces flour and will not clump easily.
- The cupcakes will not rise as much as a normal recipe with flour and baking powder due to the density of the meal.
We thought we would share our top 5 reasons to stay at this wonderful hotel, but just visiting for high tea would be worth it too!
- Incredibly central and convenient location to Sydney’s iconic attractions and shopping areas – in the centre of everything!
- It’s actually a stunning heritage listed building
- Top 10 5 star hotel on Tripadvisor for Sydney
- Known for their exceptional customer service (and backed by the hotels 100% Guest satisfaction Guarantee)
- We left the BEST for last and that is …… FREE in-room wifi!
View all comments
Get the latest travel trends & hear about the best deals on vacations around the world.
If you’re a Globetrotter, these are the newsletters for you!