Home / Asia / Indonesia (Bali) / Bali: Indonesia’s Perfec…
Bali: Indonesia’s Perfect Girls Getaway!
With its warm tropical weather, affordable accommodations, friendly locals, and unique culture, the small island of Bali, Indonesia is a traveller’s paradise. While Bali is a great destination for honeymoons and romance, it’s also a wonderful destination for a “girls getaway” and here’s why:
1. Ubud: Centre for Art & Crafts. In the interior of Bali is Ubud (made famous from Eat, Pray, Love). It is Bali’s arts and crafts centre and the culture hub. Here you can find a ton of fun activities to do with your girlfriends, such as learning traditional Batik-making (painting art on a canvas), taking a cooking class, or practicing yoga.
2. Shopping & Markets. Maybe cliché, but most women love to shop, and Bali has a great assortment of local markets to buy handicrafts (jewellery, ceramics, masks) as well as more modern day shops (for dresses and sarongs) such as those found in the boutiques of Seminyak.
3. Relax by the Beach or Pool. Bali’s coast is lined with sandy beaches – a great place to spend the day with friends, or you can hang out in one of the hip pool bars with day cabanas, and sip cocktails. We highly recommend travellers visit the “Rock Bar” at the Ayana Resort near Jimbaran… the views are incredible!
4. Accommodation. From moderate guesthouses, to boutique 3-bedroom villas to five star deluxe resorts, Bali has a wide range of accommodation to suit the needs and budgets of all groups and ages. A popular area to stay is in Nusa Dua.
5. Indulge at the Spa. Every traveller to Bali should treat themselves to at least one massage! The Balinese are famous for giving excellent massages, which come at an affordable price tag compared to North America. Many spas also offer a variety of other beauty treatments such as organic facials and body scrubs.
View all comments
Get the latest travel trends & hear about the best deals on vacations around the world.
If you’re a Globetrotter, these are the newsletters for you!