Home / Australia & South Pacific / USA (Hawaii) / 5 Ways Nature Lovers Can Exper…
5 Ways Nature Lovers Can Experience Hawaii
Known for its surfing and golden sand beaches, Hawaii also offers some great experiences for adventurists and nature lovers, making it the ideal South Pacific destination!
- Walk on Maui’s Black Sand Beach. Located on Maui‘s Honomanu Beach, in a secluded bay between towering cliffs in a remote location, you’ll discover this beach’s black sand. The sand here actually consists of smooth lava pebbles, created from a lava flow. There are a few freshwater pools for swimming, and surfing is also possible.
- Star Gaze on Hawaii’s Big Island. On the Big Island of Hawaii, we can arrange a guided stargazing tour of the beautiful night sky on the summit of the dormant volcano of Mauna Kea. Tours typically include transport, dinner, access to the mountain summit, and an explanation of Maunakea, as well as night viewing of the stars. Due to the natural conditions, elevation, and clear air, the stars here are known to light the sky like glitter!
- See Waimea Canyon, Kauai (Hawaii’s “Grand Canyon”). Journey to the majestic Waimea Canyon, which Mark Twain called, “the Grand Canyon of the Pacific”. Ten miles long and almost 4,000 feet deep, the canyon had formed due to erosion and the catastrophic collapse of the volcano that created Kauai. It now provides a wilderness area with numerous hiking trails.
- Witness the Sunrise on Haleakala, Maui. View the beautiful sunrise at the summit of Mount Haleakala. Dress warmly as you prepare to make the 38 mile trip up this dormant volcano. The temperature stays around -6°C/20°F, but the sight of the sun rising from 10,000 feet above sea level will soon warm you up.
- Hike in Oahu. Oahu is home to the buzzing Waikiki Beach, but also offers some great hiking trails. Choose from easy hikes along various beaches and bays, as well as jungle treks to hidden waterfalls, as well as more challenging treks with steep climbs, up the sides of volcanic ridges.
View all comments
Get the latest travel trends & hear about the best deals on vacations around the world.
If you’re a Globetrotter, these are the newsletters for you!