1. It’s really not as far as you think. Fiji Airways flies daily from Los Angeles to Nadi on a brand spanking new Airbus 330 equipped with state of the art entertainment, Fijian inspired cuisine and a lie flat business class if you are splurging. The 11-hour flight is overnight, so a meal, a movie and a nap can take you all the way to Fiji. If you really want to break things up, Fiji Airways also fly from Honolulu (a 6 hour flight) allowing you to create a very nice Hawaii and Fiji combination trip. Those flying in from the east coast might even spend the weekend in California before heading out, which usually adds no more to the airfare.
2. Fijian’s are among the friendliest people in the South Pacific… maybe even the world. They also love children, so it’s a great destination for families. When I took my two young toddlers, all the staff at the hotel paid loads of attention to them, and they have great child care services at relatively decent prices.
3. You can get a great package holiday – True! There isn’t just tailor made travel here, what about packages from $1609US or $1989CA? Fiji caters to all travellers with a wide range of types of accommodation, from hostels to high-end hotels. Check these links out for inspiration at all levels:
9 day Fiji Vacations for under $2000 per person
Escapes to Fiji’s Most Remote Islands including International Airfare
4. You can stay busy. There’s more to Fiji than lazing on a beach! It can offer you the perfect adventure vacation as well. This diverse country offer loads of active, fun, outdoor adventure ideas such as rafting, diving, hiking, cruises, wind surfing, stand up paddle boards and more.
So once you’ve had enough relaxing on the beach, in your private bure or at one of Fiji’s fabulous spas, Visit Cloud 9, a floating bar and restaurant in the Mamanuca islands, easily accessed from Denerau and several island resorts. Here you can enjoy drinks or a pizza with an incredible view, and spend time relaxing and swimming in the ocean.
Go Shark Diving at Beqa Lagoon, named one of the best Shark Dives in the world. This famous (and very safe) shark dive offers you the exhilaration of sharing close quarters with up to eight species of shark, as well as over 400 types of fish, rays, morays, and more. Beqa Lagoon is also known as the Soft Coral Capital of the World, with spectacular reef landscapes to explore. This dive is easily accessed from the Coral coast, and Royal Davui Resort
Sigatoka River Safari is a great excursion for those staying on the Coral Coast. This is Fiji’s original, and the world’s first, Jet Boat & Village Safari. Enjoy a half-day eco and cultural adventure that transports you deep into the heart and soul of Fiji, aboard a custom-built safari jet boat. Cruise your way up the magnificent Sigatoka River to visit authentic Fijian villages, and experience a day in the life of the real ‘kaiviti‘ (Fijian).
Visit the Garden of the Sleeping Giant and Vuda Lookout. This popular half day tour takes you into Nadi’s scenic heartland, through the beautiful Sabeto Valley to the Garden of the Sleeping Giant, housing the largest and most varied orchid collection in Fiji. Visit the Vuda Lookout which affords a 360 degree bird’s eye view of the West’s mountain ranges, Nadi Bay, Nadi International Airport and the beautiful Yasawa Group of islands. Relax in a Fijian Bure and enjoy a tropical fruit juice and seasonal fruits from the orchard. This makes a great extension for stopover clients staying in Nadi.
Try Flyboarding and ‘surf the sky.’ Flyboarding is the newest ‘extreme’ water sport to take the world by storm. Imagine surfing the sky up (through a jetpack) to 30ft in the air, performing all kinds of cool tricks, or swimming beneath the sea like a dolphin… all possible within 15-20mins of training. This perfectly safe activity can be enjoyed from select island resorts, such as Tropica Island Resort in the Mamanucas.
5. This is what you’ll look forward to every day you’re there!
Get the latest travel trends & hear about the best deals on vacations around the world.
If you’re a Globetrotter, these are the newsletters for you!