Home to some of the most luxurious and beautiful accommodation, including unforgettable overwater bungalows and suites, the Maldives offers the ultimate setting for a dream destination. Here, in the world’s most exclusive and secluded islands, you can stay at an adults-only property and enjoy the ultimate in luxury, sophistication, and tranquility. With luxurious special offerings for honeymooners, those looking to renew their vows, and couples celebrating anniversaries, the Maldives are a perfect destination for romance.
Located off the south west coast of India, the Maldives is made up of over 1200 sparkling islands, and boast powder-white sand beaches, crystalline waters, and jaw-dropping private island resorts, with some of the world’s best service to match. The world’s most exclusive hotel brands are represented here, as well as a one-of-a-kind underwater restaurant where you can dine while surrounded by colourful marine life. This glamorous tropical getaway bursts with magical flora and fauna.
You’ll find there are many special romantic activities to choose from, taking your romantic Maldives vacation to the next level. Enjoy a private dinner on the beach or in your villa, indulge in couples spa treatments, and take gorgeous sunset cruises on the sparkling Indian Ocean waters. If you feel like getting active underwater, you can enjoy some of the best diving and snorkelling in the world. The Maldives’ crystalline waters are home to dazzling coral reefs, magnificent manta rays, turtles, and, in deeper waters, even sharks.
Anyone can enjoy a Maldives vacation, as this Indian Ocean paradise has a range of resorts catering to all budgets.
Honeymooners in the Maldives will receive special amenities, such as bottles of champagne, fruit platters, honeymoon gifts, romantic floral decoration on the bed, and massages – plus they may also receive added discounts. Some resorts offer 30% off for honeymoon travellers (e.g. Anantara Dhigu or Anantara Veli resorts).
Expert Tip: Remember to bring a copy of your marriage certificate to show that you were married within the last year.
Celebrating a wedding anniversary? Don’t worry, you’re also entitled to many similar benefits. If you’re already married, Maldives is also a wonderful place to renew your vows and rejuvenate your romance. Taj Exotica Maldives may be the ideal resort for you to renew your vows. This award-winning property is on an exclusive, private, and romantic island encircled by the crystal clear waters of one of the largest lagoons in the Maldives. Taj Exotica Maldives offers an amazing wedding vow renewal package which includes:
- Fruit platter and a bottle of wine in the villa on arrival
- Decorated ceremonial pavilion on the ocean with wedding music and a flower shower
- Wedding cake
- Bottle of champagne (Moet & Chandon) for the toast
- 1 Bottle of sparkling wine and canapés for the family and invitees (maximum of 8)
- Photo album with 36 exposures of a professional photographer
- Decorated villa on the wedding night, romantic music and a floral bath
- Private speedboat sunset cruise for the couple with a bottle of sparkling wine
- Special seafood dinner on the beach with a bottle of house wine
- Presentation of wedding certificate
- One complimentary spa treatment (50 minute), once during the stay
- 15% discount on all purchases at the boutique
- Complimentary usage of non-motorized water sports
- Complimentary sightseeing visit to Male city (and accompanying family members)
- Special gift on departure