Let’s face it, nothing beats a good night’s sleep, and there is not much that compares to the comfort and familiarity of one’s own bed! That said, Africa offers some very unique places to lay one’s sleepy head, and we have compiled our top 10 list… although given the excitement of spending a night under the stars or in a treehouse, we are not sure of just how much shuteye you will get!
1. Skybed at Little Kulala, Sossusvlei, Namibia:
Sleep under the best night skies in the world.
12-Day Jewels of Namibia
2. Chalkey’s Treehouse at Lion Sands, Sabi Sands, South Africa:
A secure and lavish platform under the stars, the treehouse has all the creature comforts, but affords an experience as wild as the animals that roam beneath it.
Enjoy it as a unique offering from Lion Sands Sabi Sands Ivory Lodge.
3. On a Dahabiya, Nile River, Egypt:
Following in the footsteps of Cleopatra
8-Day Nile River Cruise Creative om Kolthoum Dahabiyas
4. Rovos Rail, South Africa:
Stay on the most luxurious train in the world!
32-Day Cape to Cairo… Ultimate Journey of a Lifetime
5. Cottars Camp in the Masai Mara, Kenya:
4-Day Cottar’s 1920 Camp – Stay of Distinction
6. “Luke Skywalker’s Home” (Sidi Driss Hotel) in Matmata, Tunisia:
Something special for true and die-hard Star Wars fans.
7-Day Sahara Splendour
7. Richard Branson’s Kasbah Tamadot, near Marrakech, Morocco:
5-Day Kasbah Tamadot Stay of Distinction
8. Six Sense Evanson Ma’In Hot Springs in Jordan:
Located 264 meters below sea level.
4-Day Six Sense Evason Ma’In Hot Springs Stay of Distinction
9. King David Hotel in Jerusalem, Israel:
Stay where Kings, presidents and celebrities have laid their heads to rest.
4-Day Especial Jerusalem King David Hotel Stay of Distinction
10. Zambezi Queen, Chobe River, Namibia/Botswana:
Sail down the Chobe River on board luxury.
4-Day Zambezi Queen – Luxury African River Safari