This incredibly easy dish was developed by Steven Liu, MasterChef China judge and the Executive Chef of the Fairmont Peace Hotel, in Shanghai, where this has become one of the restaurants most signature dishes. You can easily prepare this at home, and it’s actually quite healthy!
- 150g scallops
- 50g green asparagus
- 2g garlic
- 2g ginger
- 2g spring onion
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1 clove star anise
- 2 tbsp fish stock
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation and Cooking Instructions:
- Clean the scallops and remove the veins under cool running water. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Peel the asparagus and cut into three-inch bits.
- Finely chop the garlic and ginger. In a pot, quickly blanch the scallops in boiling water for 10 seconds.
- Remove the scallops and cool in a bowl filled with ice water. Drain, and set aside.
- In a hot wok, add the vegetable oil and sweat the chopped garlic and ginger.
- Add the asparagus and the scallops. Fry for three minutes.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper and star anise.
- Add the fish stock, sesame oil and sprinkle with the spring onions.