For those looking for something not everyone has done in Asia, we asked our experts what they’d recommend for their most well-travelled clients. Here are 5 ideas to take Globetrotters off the typical traveller’s route and onto a path of true discovery:
(1) Sri Lanka is a diverse tropical island country with a lot to offer…and arguably the best tea in Asia! Goway’s Sri Lanka Highlights covers the main sites including historic Galle, the Pinnawela elephant orphanage, tea plantations, World Heritage sites, and wildlife sanctuaries – all within 6 days with a private guide.
(2) Trans-Siberian Train (China to Mongolia to Russia) This is a once in a lifetime experience! There are technically different styles of trains which follow the same route, from simple passenger cars to gilded luxury. Our deluxe style cabins present modern comforts as travellers traverse the longest train journey in the world, passing incredible scenery and enjoying luxurious comforts! Consider adding St. Petersburg onto the end to round off your Russian experience.
(3) Brunei is a little country filled with soaring mosques, picturesque water villages and the most intact primary rain-forest in all of Borneo! Don’t be fooled by it’s size, it has a lot to offer. We recommend the Brunei Experience.
(4) Bhutan in Depth This unique itinerary includes Bhutan’s best travel ideas that are both on and off the beaten track in this hidden Himalayan kingdom.
(5) Nepal is a destination to watch in 2014! On our Nepal Interlude travellers can explore this best of this sacred country, visiting the Kathmandu’s famous Pagodas, the natural jungle, and beautiful mountainous Pokhara. Nepal is sometimes considered ‘India ‘Lite'”, as its small, exotic but not quite so overwhelming.