If you are looking for an affordable sun-vacation this winter that offers sandy beaches, high-quality resorts, and friendly people… but want something other than the Caribbean, then think Asia.
For many destinations in Asia, travelling between November-March is the best time to go for a beach escape. In addition, holidays in Asia offer exotic culture, numerous activities to keep travellers busy, and when you compare value for money, it’s incredibly affordable!
So here’s Five Reasons to choose Asia instead of the Caribbean this Winter:
1. Weather in Winter. The winter months in Thailand, Bali, Vietnam, Cambodia, the Philippines and Malaysia are generally the best time to visit a beach, when weather is dryer, less extreme and a great time for Island-Hopping. For example, the best time to go to Phuket, Thailand is between November-April; Koh Samui, Thailand between February-June; and the islands of the Philippines, between December-January.
2. Perfect for a Destination Wedding or Honeymoon. Thailand is a place that gives special attention to new couples. Many resorts have added bonuses exclusive to honeymooners such as free massages, spa treatments, private dinners and special flower bouquets. Goway can help arrange beach weddings and special ceremonies and also has an online honeymoon registry. Goway’s 7-12 days Thai Beach Escapes or Phuket offer many stay/pay specials, giving great value to those who spend one week or more in Thailand.
3. All-Inclusive Alternative with Value. Bali is one of the few places in Asia that offers resorts with all-inclusive facilities (at incredible value) for those seeking a relaxing, hassle-free holiday. Goway has a range of hand picked resorts as part of the 7-12 night Bali Beach Escapes which include all meals, drinks and resort activities, plus 3-5 day excursions, depending on the package.
4. Paradise in Less Touristy Areas. Places like Phu Quoc, Vietnam; Sihanoukville, Cambodia and Hua Hin, Thailand are lesser known beach areas and perfect for clients who want an exclusive retreat, away from the crowds.
5. Experience-Based Vacations. Many globetrotters are searching for “experience-based” holidays that offer interesting activities, cultural sites and a chance to learn about the destination and interact with locals. Whether it’s riding an elephant or exploring thousands-year old sites, the range of activities and unique experiences in Asia are endless…
Note: While Asia is a perfect destination to celebrate Christmas and New Year’s, like everywhere else, this is considered super peak season so prices and availability are at a premium. If this is the period you are looking to travel in, please book as soon as possible.