Istanbul straddles both Europe and Asia, and is a fascinating city and now Turkish Airlines is flying out of several North American cities now, and we found them… a delight! If you’re considering flying Turkish airlines, here’s 10 things we like about them:
- Direct flights from NYC, Toronto, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington and Houston to Istanbul.
- Flies to more than 200 destinations, going to more countries than any other carrier! Think Africa, Asia, Europe and even the exotic Maldives.
- Boeing 777 aircraft with amazing premium economy service on most flights from North America to Istanbul for as little $260 pp! (based on Toronto to Istanbul in Nov on a seat sale). The premium economy service varies from airline to airline and on Turkish it is truly a premium, think business class seats pre lie flat/pod seating! And premium food service that rivals some airlines business class.
- Voted Europe’s Best Airline at the 2013 Skytrax passengers choice awards.
- Has great seat sales – but book early as they sell out quickly.
- Is a member of Star Alliance so you can collect those precious air miles.
- Features an amazing business class lounge in Istanbul.
- Still offers 2 pieces of FREE baggage on flights originating in North America, almost a thing of the past.
- Offers the chance to stopover in Istanbul when flying onward and what a fantastic city to stop in. Think east meets west, a chance to visit the Blue Mosque, the Hagia Sofia, try a traditional Turkish Hamam (incredible spa exfoliation treatment), explore The Grand Bazaar one of the best bazaars in world and take in all the colours and marvelous smells of the Spice Bazaar. Istanbul has it all, world class attractions, fascinating history, delicious food and wine, incredible shopping and more.
- Features Messi and Kobe in a great promotional You Tube video
Get the latest travel trends & hear about the best deals on vacations around the world.
If you’re a Globetrotter, these are the newsletters for you!