- News / Events
- Sales Tools
- Agent Incentives
- Meet the Team
Home to the famous Incan ruins of Machu Picchu, the Amazon Rainforest, and a stunning Andean mountain range, it’s no secret that Peru is one of the most popular countries in South America. All travellers are impressed with the countries incredibly diverse scenery, with mountains, glaciers, and valleys unlike anywhere else, and a large range of activities. They range from trekking and rafting to exploring ruins and markets, and of course tasting the amazing cuisine. These are just a few of the options available in what will become a favorite destination of even the most seasoned Globetrotter.
While hiking the breathtaking (in the truest sense) 4-day Inca trail to Machu Picchu may not be to everyone’s taste, Globetrotters can also relax with some Pisco Sours (Peru’s ‘national drink’) in the ancient Incan capital of Cusco, bike downhill (we promise!) on a 5000 ft mountain in the Sacred Valley, shop for handicrafts in the famous Pisac markets, explore the Nazca Lines, or explore the Sacred Valley. Peru has an adventure ready to cover most people’s travel appetites.
Peru won the lottery when it comes to offering diverse adventures, with something to appeal to all travelers, be it action, luxury, nature, beaches and ancient culture, you can have it all in one trip in Peru.
If your clients need advice about exploring Peru, here are some ideas to get them out there with confidence:
• For clients trekking the Inca trail, you really do ‘get what you pay for.’ This is a once in a lifetime trek and spending the money to go with the top quality and reliable operator that Goway utilizes is well worth it.
• Inca Trail trekkers should consider spending a night post-hike in Aguas Calientes (the town closest to Machu Picchu). They will have been up since 4AM and most appreciate a hot shower and relaxing instead of immediately retuning to Cusco.
• There are numerous ways clients can arrive into Machu Picchu, whether it’s at the end of one of the many treks available or by a day excursions from Cusco, the Sacred Valley or Aguas Calientes. Take the time and ask one of Goway’s Latin experts about all the options on offer. Be aware of the somewhat new regulations affecting visitors to Machu Picchu (and improving their experience).
• We suggest clients stay in at least one deluxe hotel during their trip. While it’s a famously budget-friendly destination, Peru offers amazing luxury hotels well worth a splurge. This is especially recommended if clients are trekking. Luxury is most appreciated when it comes after hard work!
• Recommend travelling in shoulder season (e.g. April or September). The popular summer months experience the least rain, but they can become very crowded and are a more expensive time to go. Shoulder season is a good time to get a deal.
• Suggest a cooking class! Peru features such gastronomical delicacies as Alpaca, guinea pig, lomos saltado (beef stir fry with French fries), quinoa-crusted chicken, and stuffed avocados, and of course their famous drink, the Pisco Sour.
• Encourage your clients to pre-book all their activities. Many ATMS in Peru only allow you to withdraw maximum $170 cash at a time. Clients will be wasting money on extra banking/credit card fees if they pay locally as opposed to paying in their own currency in advance.
• Encourage your clients to travel at a comfortable pace. If travellers start their trip in Cusco, they’ll need time to acclimatize to the altitude.If your clients are on a budget and can’t afford to sleep in deluxe hotels, let Goway organize a lunch in a 5-star hotel (such as the Inka Terra) or at one of Perus’ many famous, world class restaurants. That way, they’ll quite literally get a taste of luxury without breaking the bank.
• Machu Picchu is without doubt the highlight for many people visiting Peru. But there are some less crowded ruins that shouldn’t be missed, such as Sacsayhuaman, a walled citadel and centre to the Inti Raymi (Sun God) festival every June 24th. It’s located just outside Cusco.
• Booking domestic flights in Peru along in conjunction with your international flights cuts down some costs. Goway has excellent contracts with all the major carriers servicing Latin America.
• Pack for ALL weather. Peru can experience four seasons in one day.
Get the latest GowayAgent News right to your inbox.