Group Tours Win Every Time
Posted on January 4th, 2019 by Barbara Norton
The perennial battle between the advantages of group travel vs. self-directed travel is heating up as the ever-growing baby boomer market moves into retirement. The battle spilled over into a newspaper article, in which the writer took issue with a previous article on the merits of a self-directed travel, stating what every group traveller already knows. “…she certainly did not save money at all over taking a group tour, and almost certainly did not enjoy as many excursions or wonderful meals as we did on our tour.” Travelling in a group is no longer considered just for ‘old people.’ Group travel is now a preferred way to travel for all ages, interests and budgets, and Goway is on the leading edge with our unique, innovative, and customized tour planning.
Other great reasons to travel on a group tour:
- Camaraderie: Like-minded people tend to choose similar tours and experiences.
- Companionship: Friends with similar interests travel together and make more friends. Single and solo travelers in the group forge new bonds and friendships and share their stories.
- Safety: That old saying, ‘safety in numbers’ suits group travel to a tee!
- Fun: The more the merrier? It’s true. More laughter at dinner, more stories to share, more friends to make.
- Stress-free: Some say group travel is group therapy, and with a tour leader looking after everything, there is more time to embrace the experience and the destination.
- Convenience: One call and all the trip details such as transportation, baggage handling, meals, hotels, and touring is looked after.
- Flexibility: The itinerary is customized to fit the interests and budget of each group.
- Value: Costs are spread out and more can be included for less.
Not only is group travel a winning choice for travelers, it is also a battle worth fighting for travel agents and travel planners:
- Partnership: Call Groups Only and we’ll look after all the booking and operations of the tour and assist with promotions and flyer design, allowing you more time to concentrate on sales and marketing to your contacts.
- Easy selling: Outline the advantages listed above and you will have a ‘groupie’ for life. We will work together to create a competitively priced, customized itinerary that will sell in your market.
- Perks: Depending on final numbers, you or your tour leader can usually travel for free with 20 paying passengers!
- Profitability: Groups are the fastest way to profits; the more passengers on the group, the more profit for you.
- Loyal Customers: Satisfaction, new friendships, perception of “value for money,” innovative itineraries to exotic destinations, and confidence in the tour leader all lead to repeat customers wanting to travel with you again… and happy customers tell their friends who tell their friends and so on.
Organize a group for your valued clientele and take advantage of Goway’s experience and destination expertise in the South Pacific, Asia, Africa, Latin America, the Middle East, and Europe. With competitive pricing, innovative itineraries, assistance with promotions and advertising, assistance with designing flyers and e-brochures, comprehensive documentation and group information flyers, Groups Only has all the bases covered so you will have a winning combo of happy, repeat customers and steady profitability.
For any agent/travel planner who wants to grow their group business, contact Goway’s Groups Only:
TEL: 604-264-8088 or 1-800-838-0618
EMAIL: [email protected]