- News / Events
- Sales Tools
- Agent Incentives
- Meet the Team
Tahiti is made up of 118 islands and atolls (islands) of which 67 are inhabited, offering a wide range of accommodation options to choose from. It can be easy for you and your client to become overwhelmed with choice, so Goway Travel’s team of IslandsEscapes experts (who have experienced the destination first-hand) can help you plan the perfect vacation for your client.
Here are our top tips for booking the perfect Tahitian Vacation:
1. Islands hopping is a great way to see everything the Islands of Tahiti have to offer, as well as a great way to maximize the budget. Each island offers a different experience from the next, ensuring your client gets the most out of their vacation. For example, Rangiroa is renowned for its diving experiences, whereas Bora Bora has the widest choice of overwater bungalows. Additionally, island hopping allows your client to enjoy different room categories from Garden Pool Bungalows to the exclusive Overwater Bungalows. Our most popular itinerary combines Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora.
2. Special Touches. Consider offering your clients some special upgrade ideas like staying in an Overwater Bungalow in Bora Bora, or recommend upgrading your clients to Business Class on Air Tahiti Nui. Did you know you can also pre-book your clients access to the business lounge in Tahiti? Be sure to always advise Goway if your clients are celebrating a special occasion, such as an anniversary, birthday or honeymoon, as Goway can arrange special amenities.
3. Take advantage of seasonal promotions. Most resorts offer free nights or discounts for travellers as an incentive for spending longer in their property. Additionally, by staying with the same hotel chain your clients can take advantage of multi–island combination discounts. Goway’s Moorea & Bora Bora Vacation package offer three free nights and 10% off when combining all InterContinental Hotels on three islands. The best promotions are typically for travel from November 1 to March 31, as this is Tahiti’s slightly wetter, more humid season. However, this is still a great time to go as downpours are usually short, and help to clear the humidity.
4. Pre-purchasing your meal plans in advance. Many resorts in the Islands of Tahiti offer a meal plan (such as breakfast and dinner; or all meals) and your clients can purchase this at the time of their reservation (and pay in their local currency). This makes the trip hassle-free as it removes the stress of spending money on meals. It’s also often better value since it saves the additional taxes travellers would be subject to in destination. Some resorts even have special seasonal promotions that include a free meal plan. Make note that the islands of Tahiti are not like the Caribbean. With the exception of eco-luxe resort, The Brando, you won’t find resorts with “all inclusive” plans that include all meals and all drinks.
5. Pre-purchase your day tours. The islands of Tahiti are not meant for a ‘flop and drop’ vacation. There are so many options for activities to enjoy from swimming with reef sharks and manta rays in Bora Bora, to taking ATV safaris through Moorea’s mountains or enjoying a guided hike through Tahiti’s valleys. You definitely want to make sure your clients don’t miss out on any of these amazing adventures. There are also numerous opportunities for cultural experiences, such as spending the day with a local and learning about Polynesian life, or visiting the Tiki Village in Moorea. Booking these day trips in advance is essential as they are run in small groups and sell out. The average traveller typically books a day tour every other day while visiting the beautiful Islands of Tahiti.
Get the latest GowayAgent News right to your inbox.